The School of Wildlife Conservation (SOWC) is delighted to announce the first course in their “Leading the Way” series, targeted specifically at those working within the marine conservation sector of Africa. The course titled, ‘Leading the Way’: Effective Management for Marine Conservation and Biodiversity in Africa’ is particularly relevant at this time because of the global threat to marine resources and the opportunities offered by the Blue Economy.
The course has been carefully designed to meet the unique needs of African marine conservationists and will provide participants with the essential skills to advance their careers and to make a positive contribution to their sector. During the course, participants can expect the following:
- Leadership, Governance, and Management Essentials
- 12-week online program with a 5-day in-person intensive session in Mauritius for the top 5 performing participants
- Practical knowledge for impactful change
- Ethical leadership, with a sustainability focus
- Expert coaching and case studies
How to apply
Applications can be completed using this link by 15th January 2024. Young Conservationists who are passionate about the marine economy are encouraged to apply. SOWC has developed a fund to support high quality candidates who face affordability issues to attend the course.
Learn more about the course here.