The Women in Marine Science Network (WiMS) invites you to a webinar to celebrate the International Day for Women and Girls in Science (IDWGIS).
The webinar will be held on 10th February 2023 at 1100-1230 HRS (EAT). The theme of the event is “Bringing everyone forward for sustainable and equitable development”.
IDWGIS aims to encourage dialogue and discussion to put science, technology and innovation at the heart of sustainable development programs. This year, the IDWGIS focuses on the role of Women and Girls and Science as relates to Six Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
• SDG 6- clean water and sanitation;
• SDG 7-affordable and clean energy;
• SDG 9- industry, innovation and infrastructure;
• SDG 11-sustainable cities and communities;
• SDG 17-means of implementation; and
• SDG 14- life below water.
Join us for an interactive dialogue that will acknowledge women researchers in the WIO who are working around 6 SDGs. Our discussions will showcase the work that has made an impact in the science community, in policy and legislation, and in local communities; and will highlight the role of entrepreneurship in empowering women for sustainable and equitable development in marine science.
Sign up for the webinar.
* Login credentials will be sent upon registration.