The Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) is receiving applications for the SCOR 2023 Visiting Scholar program.
The SCOR Visiting Scholar program enlists the services of ocean scientists, from both developed countries and developing countries, to teach short courses and to provide more extended on-site education and mentorship at developing country institutions.
This program is open to any scientists who have time available to spend teaching and mentoring in a developing country for ideally two weeks or more. The scholarships are not intended to conduct joint research, although collaborative research may develop as an outcome of a visit.
Applications will be reviewed by the SCOR Committee on Capacity Building based on the following criteria:
- Quality and relevance of the proposal focusing on knowledge exchange and mentoring
- A detailed working plan for the visit which should be co-developed with the host institution
- Experience of the candidate and fit with the program (language skills, teaching/mentoring experience, subject areas requested by the institution)
- Needs of the host institution and an estimate of how many students and/or early career scientists will benefit from the training
- Plans by the host institution to build upon the training/mentoring received
More information about the call and the application form can be found here.
Deadline for applications: 23 December 2022
Applications should be sent to Patricia Miloslavich to: se*********@sc******.org