A virtual workshop on biological observations in the Indian Ocean (from microbes to megafauna) will take place on 8-12 November 2021. The workshop is organised by the Indian Ocean Global Ocean Observing System (IOGOOS).
The workshop will focus primarily on best practices for assessing biological essential ocean variables (EOVs) for functional groups, in particular microbes, phytoplankton, zooplankton and benthic invertebrates, but will also briefly cover fish, turtles, birds and marine mammals, as well as habitat states such as hard corals, mangroves and seagrasses.
Aims and Objectives:
- Promoting the need for sustained biological observations in the Indian Ocean
- Promoting best practices for biological observations in the Indian Ocean
- Presentation of practical & affordable as well as state of the art methods
- Access to standardized methodologies for biological EOVs
- Enhanced regional networking, collaboration and mentorship opportunities
- Regional ambassadors for biological observations
- Identification of further training needs for the region
- Masters’ students in Biological Oceanography or related fields
- Research Scholars in any branch of Oceanography
- Young Scientists working in the field of Marine Biogeochemistry / Biological Oceanography / Marine Biology
Applications close 15 October 2021
Access the full advert and application process at the following link: https://incois.gov.in/ITCOocean/boi0921.jsp