This is not your traditional scientific conference – WIOGEN aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and policy makers to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Ocean Governance in the Western Indian Ocean. It will provide an interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to meaningfully network and present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in ocean governance under eight broad themes.
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Marine Spatial Planning and Integrated Coastal Management
- Biodiversity conservation, Pollution and Habitat loss
- Oceans Accounting
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and Ocean Governance
- Co-Design, transdisciplinary research, stakeholder engagement
- Deep Sea Research
- Legal and institutional analysis of marine governance
Abstracts to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th June – guidelines for abstract submission are available here. Qualifying abstracts will be submitted for publication in a special edition of the Western Indian Ocean Journal of Marine Science (WIOJMS).