The conference aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and policy makers to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Ocean Governance in the Western Indian Ocean. It will provide an interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in ocean governance under eight broad themes:
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Marine Spatial Planning and Integrated Coastal Management
- Biodiversity conservation, Pollution and Habitat loss
- Oceans Accounting
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and Ocean Governance
- Co-Design, transdisciplinary research, stakeholder engagement
- Deep Sea Research
- Legal and institutional analysis of marine governance
Abstracts to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 1st June.
WIOGEN has partnered with the WIOMSA Journal, the Western Indian Ocean Journal of Marine Science (WIOJMS), to produce a special conference edition of the Journal from Conference submissions.
Please note that you will need to submit an extended publication if you wish your paper to be considered for publication in the special edition. They will also be accepting abstracts of those who are not in a position to publish in the special edition and stakeholder (non-academic) presentations which can include policy briefs, creative stories, training manuals, fact sheets etc.
View updates on the conference on the WIOGEN website: