The Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) support Ph.D. level ocean scientists from developed and developing countries to teach short courses and provide extended on-site education and mentorship at developing country institutions.
They are now accepting applications for the 2021 Visiting Scholar program.
Applications will be reviewed by the SCOR Committee on Capacity Building based on the following criteria:
- Quality and relevance of the proposal focusing on knowledge exchange and mentoring
- A detailed plan for the visit
- Experience of the candidate and fit with the program (language skills, teaching/mentoring experience, subject areas requested by the institution)
- Needs of the host institution
- Plans by the host institution to build upon the training received
More information about the call and the application form can be found here.
Deadline for applications: 1st December 2020