Founded in February 2013 following a five-year pilot project, Dahari has quickly established itself as one of the leading NGOs in the Comoros with a multicultural team of 75 full- and part-time employees. Dahari’s holistic intervention model covers agricultural and agro-forestry development, forest management around watersheds, ecological research, conservation of biodiversity, and the management of marine and coastal resources. The NGO also manages ecotourism visits. Their work is gaining increasing recognition, thanks in particular to the technical support of our international partners.
Role of the Operations Director
The Operations Director will work in concert with the Comorian Executive and Technical Directors as part of a three-person leadership team, with the following specific responsibilities:
- Manage international partnerships and represent Dahari at the international level;
- Manage fundraising, relationships with funders, and the development of funding proposals;
- Supervise and assist in the evolution of Dahari programmes in all its intervention sectors;
- Work to improve Dahari’s administrative, financial and human resource management;
- Support the professional development of Dahari’s management team;
- Help to develop a detailed strategic plan for 2020 to 2023 and ensure that its objectives are realised.
Profile of applicant
Dahari is looking for a motivated and dynamic person with the abilities and experiences listed below. They must share Dahari’s values to ensure synergy with the team, and be committed to driving the NGO forwards.
Essential skills and experience
Application deadline: 20th November 2019